is of greater detriment to our immune system, overall health and well
being than selfishness? A selfish person has a compromised immune
system. But how do you overcome selfishness? Read on…
Just as many people are confined to their apartments, unable to do what they want to do, alone with their thoughts, so will it be in death. It will be a place of waiting, with no distractions, thinking about how you lived your life, and what choices you made, whether good or bad.
Most people wouldn’t have predicted this catastrophe. Now everyone is talking about all the death from this plague. Death was a subject most people rarely talked about. Everything was going smoothly and people were traveling to and fro1 until suddenly it all came to a halt. Is it time to consider what lies ahead?
To us, this is no surprise, because we know what days we live in. These days have been spoken of by the holy prophets of old, and by the Messiah himself.2 We are nearing the end of this age when Yahshua,3 the Messiah, will return to establish His kingdom here on Earth, along with all of those who have overcome the plague of selfishness that is crushing this planet.4 He has been waiting for a people, described as a bride in the Bible,5 who are preparing themselves to rule with Him by overcoming sin, which is selfishness.6
The only way to overcome selfishness is by the cross. Many people talk about the cross at this time of year, during the holiday they call Easter. But how many know what the cross was really all about? The One who died on that cross 2000 years ago said, “If anyone wishes to follow me, he must deny his selfishness, take up his own cross, and follow me.” Well, other people have died on crosses. Did he mean that we also must die on a cross? No, he meant that we must die to ourselves — put our selfishness to death.
…how many know what the cross was really all about?
Selfishness is surely a plague, just like this deadly virus that is suffocating our planet. The only way to overcome it is by the “blood” of the Passover Lamb — that is by obeying Yahshua, the Messiah, forsaking everything to follow him. That is what his disciples did in the first century, when “all who believed were together and shared all things in common,”7 when they truly were “the light of the world.”8 They lived together, sharing their possessions and laying down their lives for one another, just as the Messiah taught them.9
Now, in these last days, God is gathering a people who again live together in unity, loving one another as Yahshua commanded, and keeping the feasts (such as Passover) in sincerity and truth.10 Then He can raise up a standard of righteousness by which to judge the world, putting an end to the evil that runs rampant on the Earth.11
We warmly invite you to be a part of what we, His people, are doing. The cost is everything.12 If you hate your life in this world, you can be truly saved and set free from selfishness, and you will find life — His life.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.” Daniel 12:4
- For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. Matthew 24:21
- Yahshua is the original Hebrew name of the Savior, called Jesus in most English translations of the Bible.
- in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8
- Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His [a]bride has made herself ready.” Revelation 19:7
- Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; Philippians 2:3
- And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common; Acts 2:44
- For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:14
- A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35; “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. John 15:12-14; We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16
- Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 1 Corinthians 5:8
- Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain [a]in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; Revelation 20:1-2; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 1 Corinthians 15:24-25; waiting from that time onward until His enemies be made a footstool for His feet. Hebrews 10:13
- He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26 If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. John 12:25-26; “If anyone comes to Me, and does not [a]hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:26