2 Cor 5:151 is the cure for selfishness. The end of selfishness is the end of Satan’s reign; Satan rules the earth through selfishness. He is skillful at planting a simple, selfish thought which, when received by the mind and soul of human beings, brings them under his sway.2
This is Satan’s touch.3 The curse and the fatal flaw of mankind. This is where the soul can be touched and persuaded by evil – the areas that are bent toward pleasing self. Can selfishness be cured?
How can Selfishness be Cured?
Matt 6:31-334 Seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness is seeking the welfare of His people. The kingdom of God is made up of people who do the will of God, his brothers and sisters.5
This is not talking about “random acts of kindness,” this is laying down your life everyday6 to love your brothers and sisters7 and build up the body of Messiah.8
Can selfishness be cured by love?
Selfishness was being cured in the first century, can selfishness be cured today?
The context of Acts 2:449 and 4:3210 is the practical reality of how we no longer live for ourselves, no longer seeking after our own food, clothing and shelter, having been set free to focus on meeting the needs of our brothers and sisters since they are now taking care of your needs. If you are not free to devote yourself to taking care of the needs of your brothers and sisters everyday, then you are still under the power of the evil one who keeps the world in bondage to self-life.
The good news is that you can be set free to love! Today, there are communities of spiritual brothers and sisters who have been and are being set free to no longer live for self. People are being cured of their selfishness!
Visit one of our communities today to see how the love of Messiah can cure you of selfishness!
The gospel brings you out of living for yourself, out of Satan’s reign of selfishness, and into the marvelous light11 of living for Yahshua by spending all your time and energy serving His brothers and sisters. Selfishness can be cured! The gospel is the cure for selfishness.
- and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.
- 1 Jn 5:19 We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power [or persuasion, or sway] of the evil one.
- 1 Jn 5:18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.
- Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Matt 12:50 For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.
- 1 Jn 3:16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- Jn 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.
- Eph 4:16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
- All who believed were together and had all things in common.
- And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them.
- 1 Pet 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.